- God graciously has taken the initiative to provide for us to be to be right with him [because] no one is able to keep his laws.
- Putting our trust in Christ, rather than trying to be good, makes us right with God.
- Jesus' sacrificial death paid the penalty we deserved. As our substitute, he experienced the wrath of God against sin.
- God is satisfied and we are declared right with him because of what Jesus did for us, not because of what we did for ourselves.
- God withheld ultimate judgement on sin until Christ became our substitute.
- As Judge, God says we are in the wrong; as Justifier, he declares that we are now in the right (Accepted by God: Our Justification through Christ, p 16).
Focus Question: How does the work of Jesus Christ meet your need to gain God's acceptance?
Prayer: "Heavenly Father, I thank you for the sacrificial death of your Son, Jesus, on my behalf. He is my righteousness and I stand complete in him. Amen."